Close Menu
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    Subscribe
    SOCCERTIMEZ
    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
    • Home
    • News
    • NBA
    • WNBA
    • MLB
    • Soccer
    • Sports
    SOCCERTIMEZ
    You are at:Home » Sad End: Celtic fans announce RIP into Callum McGregor after he goes into ‘hiding’
    News

    Sad End: Celtic fans announce RIP into Callum McGregor after he goes into ‘hiding’

    adminBy adminFebruary 20, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email

    Celtic fans rip into Callum McGregor after he goes into ‘hiding’

    Celtic captain Callum McGregor talks after Stuttgart loss, with Celtic fans inset
    Celtic fans were in shock when they saw Callum McGregor claiming that their loss to Stuttgart on Thursday was “not a 4-1 game”.

    It was a special occasion for Martin O’Neill at Celtic Park, with the 73-year-old taking charge of his 1000th game.

    But it got off to the worst start when Bilal El Khannouss found the net after just 15 minutes, and the winger would restore the lead later in the half after Benjamin Nygren equalised.

    Stuttgart extended the advantage through Jamie Leweling in the second half in a moment that Kasper Schmeichel will not want to see again.

    Celtic had their chances to get a goal back, but ultimately conceded an embarrassing fourth when Tiago Tomas scored in stoppage time.

    Celtic fans react to Callum McGregor

    Celtic will feel slightly hard done by Thursday’s score line, which has left them with a mountain to climb in Germany next week if they want to qualify for the Europa League‘s last 16.

    MORE FOOTBALL INSIDER STORIES

    The Bhoys created more expected goals (xG) than their opponents, despite taking fewer shots and enjoying fewer big chances.

    The performance of Schmeichel did not help, with the Dane letting in all but one of the shots on target he faced, but Celtic failed to take their chances when they came.

    Shocking defending in the final stages of the game has now turned a difficult yet recoverable aggregate score line into a seemingly impossible task.

    “I think they scored at good times actually,” McGregor told TNT Sports after the game. “I don’t think it’s a 4-1 game, and if you actually look at the game back, we had some really good moments.

    “The goals come at good times for them and actually kills any momentum that we are getting in the game.”

    Celtic fans were stunned by the interview, with one describing it as “the most delusional after-match interview I’ve seen in a long time”.

    Another wrote: “He’s right. Should have been more but Stuttgart were in second gear.”

    “You were hiding again wee man,” said one Celtic fan. “When the going gets tough you can’t even motivate your players to grow a set a baws and be more confident on the baw”.

    “Too many times you are pointing at your team mates to make a pass backward instead of taking the baw in to feet yourself!”

    The stats vs McGregor’s performance

    McGregor has featured in all 43 of Celtic’s games across all competitions this season so far.

    The captain has been criticised for his performances at times, but his commitment and staggering fitness cannot be questioned at the age of 32.

    Callum McGregor vs Stuttgart
    Minutes played 90
    Accurate passes 56/58
    Successful dribbles 2/2
    Interceptions 2
    Duels won 2/3

    The Scotland international completed 56 of his 58 passes on Thursday, making six recoveries and winning both of his ground duels.

    But there was little else to write home about for McGregor, who failed to make a single tackle throughout the 90 minutes.

    His comments after the game, while in an attempt to raise spirits, may well have done more harm than good.

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Previous ArticleRangers News exclusive: Details of lucrative Nico Raskin new contract offer revealed
    Next Article West Ham United CEO David Sullivan has reportedly delivered a powerful and uncompromising message to the club’s starting XI: failure to secure qualification for next season’s Premier League campaign will come with serious financial consequences.
    admin
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Huge Setback Rangers Suffer Blow as Ryan Naderi Ruled Out for Season Ending Career Ahead of Livingston Clash

    February 20, 2026

    Agreement Deal: West Ham and Federico Chiesa Has Finally Agrees Personal Terms in Summer Transfer News

    February 20, 2026

    Transfer update: West Ham’s move for Zan Vipotnik now makes perfect sense after what he’s done for Swansea

    February 20, 2026
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram Pinterest
    • Home
    • Trending Now
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Contact Us
    © 2026 Soccertimez. Managed by Admin.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.